igourmet Appenzeller 7.5 ounce
Click Image for Gallery
igourmet Appenzeller (7.5 ounce)This Swiss cheese is crafted in the canton of Appenzeller, near the Austrian border. After it ages for approximately three months, Appenzeller achieves its ideal form: pressed, cooked-curd, brushed-rind cheese with occasional pea-sized holes. It has a pleasantly smooth texture, but this cheese's true allure is its fruity tang. In fact, Appenzeller pairs extremely well with fresh fruit; it melts nicely also.
- Made from unpasteurized cow's milk; aged for 90 days.
- Photo depicts whole 15 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Switzerland
- Aged for three months
- Melts well over sandwiches, french onion soup, or added to a fondue
- Pairs well with sweet wines and fruit