igourmet Provolone Piccante 7.5 ounce
Click Image for Gallery
igourmet Provolone Piccante (7.5 ounce)Provolone is a northern Italian cheese that can be thought of as Mozzarella's older brother. Take some Mozzarella, form it into your favorite shape, rub it down with brine, bind it with rope, and hang it from the ceiling for a few months. Voila! - you have just made Provolone. There are two varieties of Provolone. Dolce (meaning sweet) is the mild version and Piccante (meaning sharp) is its spicy, more aged counterpart. We love this Piccante version, which is rarely available in the U.S. and is much more interesting than the mild Provolone most Americans have come to know. One of the great sandwich cheeses, Provolone Piccante is also an excellent melting cheese that is perfect in omelettes or atop a toasted focaccia.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk; aged over nine months.
- Photo depicts whole 66 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Italy
- Perfect for eating or grating onto many types of dishes
- Perfect for sandwiches, cheese platters or any time you want a quick snack
- Made with cow's milk