igourmet Royal Blue Stilton DOP by Long Clawson (7.5 ounce)
Click Image for Gallery
igourmet Royal Blue Stilton DOP by Long Clawson (7.5 ounce)Long known as "The King of Cheeses", Blue Stilton is one of a handful of British cheeses granted the status of a "protected designation origin" (PDO) by the European Commission. Only cheese produced in the three counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire and made according to a strict code may be called Stilton. There are just six dairies licensed to make Stilton, each being subject to regular audit by an independent inspection agency accredited to European Standard EN 45011.
To be called Stilton, a cheese must:
- be made only in the three counties from local milk which is pasteurized before use.
- be made only in a traditional cylindrical shape.
- be allowed to form its own crust or coat.
- be un-pressed.
- have delicate blue veins radiating from the center.
- have a taste profile typical of Stilton.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 18 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from England
- Long known as The King of Cheeses
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk
- A wonderful cheese for salads and cooking