Naturevibe Botanicals USDA Organic Coriander Seed Powder - 2lbs ...
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals USDA Organic Coriander Seed Powder - 2lbs (2 Packs of 1lb each) - Coriandrum sativum | Raw, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO | Rich Amount of Minerals | Indian Spices.
►Coriander isn't an unusual spice or herb especially in India. We use coriander leaves in almost all our dishes to garnish them and also we incorporate the spice in all delicacies.
►Being one of the common spice used in all the Indian curries, coriander provides a delicious taste to all the cuisines.
►Apart from adding mouth-watering flavor to the dishes, it also increases the nutritional value of the food. Coriander belongs to Apiaceae family, in the genus Coriandrum.
►The seeds are rich in vitamin K, C, B along with antioxidants and other minerals which are all beneficial skin and hair health.
►The use of coriander seeds is noted across the globe in almost all countries. Coriander powder is obtained by roasting the dried coriander seeds gently and then milling them. The reason for roasting is to release the aroma and oils contained in these seeds.
- Coriander also called as Dhania in Hindi is obtained from the plant called Coriandum sativum. Dhania seeds have a rich and spicy aroma and are widely used in culinary preparations as well as in the preparations of several ayurvedic medicines.
- Coriander is known as Dhaniya in the Indian subcontinent and cilantro in the Americas. The scientific name of coriander is Coriandrumsativum L. coriander has a distinct, refreshing aroma which is very pleasant when smelled.
- Indian subcontinent widely mixes the chutney of coriander either with their curries or by adding it into curd/yogurt, making a special sauce. But all of these uses of coriander are a tip of the iceberg.
- The nutritional value of coriander seeds is without doubt mind-blowing. It contains 11different types of minerals essential oils and vitamins. Some wide use of coriander powder as flavoring agent in cakes, sweet breads, sausages, stews and confectionary.
- Dhania seeds are also used as a spice in Indian, Chinese, Pakistani, European and Middle-East culinary preparations. In North India, Dhania powder is widely used for spicing pickles, chutneys, stews, marinades, sausages and curries.