Yellow Grits Weisenberger Mills Southern Non Gmo A Ky Proud Pro...
Click Image for Gallery
Yellow Grits Weisenberger Mills Southern Non Gmo A Ky Proud Product 2 Pound Ea Pkg 2 PacksCook time 20-25 minutes Kentucky Proud; made in KY from locally sourced grain ground by a 6th generation milling family in their water-powered gristmill Recipe for Basic Cheese Grits Casserole 4 cups water 1 cup grits 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter 1 cup shredded cheese 2 slightly beaten eggs (in a separate bowl) Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to 4 cups water and bring to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 1 cup grits, stir, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. When grits are done, add the butter to the grits and stir or whisk until melted. Then add about 1/2 cup of hot grits to the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly, then immediately add the egg mixture to the pot of hot grits and stir/whisk together. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Pour this mixture into a greased 8 X 8 baking dish and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until lightly browned on top. Refrigerate any leftovers. (This is a basic recipe. Other options might be to add 1 clove of chopped garlic, use 1/2 milk and 1/2 water, or 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 water. You can use any cheese that melts well.) This recipe can be doubled and baked in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 2 - 2lb packages Weisenberger Mills Southern Yellow Grits Non GMO. Cook time 20-25 minutes
- Serving size 1/3 cup Servings per pkg 20. **The dark spots are the "tip cap" piece of the whole grain kernel, the part where it attaches to the cob and is normal in grits.
- Kentucky Proud; made in KY from locally sourced grain ground by a 6th generation milling family in their water-powered gristmill
- Made from pure sweet Ky corn, old fashioned stone ground. These can be started in a slow cooker the night before.
- Perfect to eat plain or make a casserole (Casserole recipe available in Description)