Ancient Foods – Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Fresh Har
Click Image for Gallery
Ancient Foods – Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1000 Year Old Trees – Just Arrived New Harvest for 2021! – Chefs Favorite - Mountain Keros – 17oz
- KEROS is a true organic superfood, freshly harvested from 1000 year old trees at elevation in Greece. Estate grown in Vordonia, in the mountains above Sparta, Greece. Rare Athenoelia single varietal. Protected Geographical Indication.
- HIGHEST QUALITY: 100% USDA ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN. Unfiltered. Cold-pressed within a few hours of harvest. Incredibly low acidity <0.2%.
- ACCOLADES: KEROS is being used by multiple Michelin Star chefs for its elegant flavor that shines incredibly well when finishing as well as cooking. Local Greeks and these lauded chefs are not afraid to sauté and braise with high quality oil and you should as well!
- HEALTH BENEFITS: A staple of the Mediterranean Diet, these ancient trees produce oil that is high in antioxidants, is high phenolic (biophenols > 250 mg/kg, Lignans, Flavonoids), and since it is unfiltered, ensures that the maximum health benefits stay with the oil. Our fans love to take a spoonful in the morning for their health.
- TASTING NOTES: Rich, fresh herbal nose with a round, buttery, peppery finish. Surprisingly tasty and elegant.