Frontier Co-op Cocoa Powder, Processed with alkali, Certified ...
Click Image for Gallery
Frontier Co-op Cocoa Powder, (Processed with alkali), Certified Organic | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Theobroma cacao
- ORGANIC COCOA POWDER - Frontier Organic Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) provides a rich and well-rounded cocoa flavor. “Cacao powder” and “cocoa powder” are both terms used for similar chocolate products, but generally cocoa is a more mild, finished product. This cocoa has a dark brown color and dissolves readily with whisking.
- SUPERFOOD FROM THE NETHERLANDS - Frontier Co-op Organic Cocoa Powder is sourced from the Netherlands. It is organic, kosher, and non-irradiated. There are no artificial additives or chemicals used at any stage of growing or processing. This is a keto cocoa powder, packed with antioxidants and nutrients. It is also kosher, non-GMO and paleo friendly.
- A FLAVORFUL ADDITION - Cocoa powder can be used as an alternative to processed chocolate products for a richer experience. Use it to make hot cocoa, or bake it into cakes and pies! Cocoa powder is a versatile and easily mixed ingredient that works well wherever chocolate flavoring is needed.
- ALKALI-PROCESSED - Unlike raw cacao, our organic cocoa powder is alkali-processed, and is much less tart. Oftentimes called “Dutch processing” or “Dutching”, alkali-processing is a centuries-old method of smoothing out the flavor of cacao by treating cocoa bean paste with an alkalizing agent. Dutched cocoa powder reduces the tartness and acidity of raw cacao beans. Frontier Organic Cocoa Powder is sweet, mild, and delicious.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We’re committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.