Frontier Co-op Basil Leaf, Sweet, Cut & Sifted, Certified Organi...
Click Image for Gallery
Frontier Co-op Basil Leaf, Sweet, Cut & Sifted, Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Ocimum basilicum
- SWEET BASIL LEAF - As a universal culinary herb (Ocimum basilicum) from the mint family (Lamiaceae), sweet basil leaf is widely used for a variety of cooking needs across the globe. It originated in Egypt, but it's also native to the tropical regions of Asia and Africa.
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - Sweet basil leaf combines well with garlic, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and sage. It has become a popular option for pizzas alongside oregano, and it can even be extracted to make essential oils. It is also used in DIY body care.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Frontier Co-op Sweet Basil Leaf delivers a taste similar to anise, while also providing a strong, pungent, and sweet aroma. It is extremely popular in American kitchens due to its mild mint and pepper flavors.
- ORGANIC FROM EGYPT - Frontier Co-op Organic Sweet Basil Leaf is naturally grown and processed in Egypt. It is 100% organic, kosher certified, and non-irradiated from start to finish. There are no chemicals or artificial additives used during any step of production.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.