Greek Wild Oregano - Fantis - 1.4 Oz.
Click Image for Gallery
Greek Wild Oregano - Fantis - 1.4 Oz.Hand picked from the foot of Mt. Olympos and naturally sun-dried, Fantis oregano is entirely pure and wonderfully aromatic. Enjoy its rich taste with your favorite meals.
Greek Oregano is one very spicy herb and is by far the best oregano in the world. Greek Oregano has a flavor so intense it numbs the end of the tongue when fresh.
- Greek Oregano is the most flavorful, and arguably the best oregano in the world.
- This herb grows abundantly on Mt. Taygetos, the highest mountain in Lakonía,
- This plant originated in Greece, and is a member of the mint family of herbs. Its name comes from the Greek, oros meaning mountain, and ganos meaning joy. Greek mythology says that the plant was created by the goddess of love, Aphrodite, who tended it in her garden on Mount Olympus. She gave it to mortals to make their lives more joyful.
- It is a key ingredient in tomato sauces and on pizza, pizza sauces, vegetable dishes and for adding flavor to grilled meat.
- Hippocrates used it as an antiseptic and for stomach pains. It is known nowadays a powerful natural antibiotic, and oregano tea is taken for indigestion and to ease coughs.