igourmet Artisan Raw-Milk Manchego DOP Aged 8 Months 7.5 ounce
igourmet Artisan Raw-Milk Manchego DOP Aged 8 Months (7.5 ounce)Manchego is a DOP cheese that can be made only from the milk of Manchega-breed sheep. In order to comply with DOP law, the sheep must graze in the provinces of Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca and Toledo. These are the provinces of the famous La Mancha region.
The best Manchego cheese is produced when the milk is the richest. For Manchego, this occurs between the months of August and December. This Artisan Manchego is only produced during those months, while less aged cheeses are made during other times of the year.
The pattern on its rind honors a time when the cheese was wrapped in sheets of woven esparto grass. Made by the Corcuera Family, this excellent Manchego cheese is produced exclusively from raw milk and aged for a minimum of 8 months. The buttery qualities in the cheese come from the cheesemaker's talent and the beautiful terroir of the Toledo region. Enjoy it as the locals do, drizzled with honey.
- Made from unpasteurized sheep's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 6 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Spain
- Dry cured for 8 months
- Made with unpasteurized sheep's milk
- Perfect to add to a party platter or cheese board, serve with soft whites or sweet reds