igourmet Cream Havarti - Garlic and Herb 7.5 ounce
igourmet Cream Havarti - Garlic and Herb (7.5 ounce)About 100 years ago, a farmer's wife who lived in North Zealand became interested in the art of cheesemaking. She traveled through Europe to learn the secrets of this craft, and upon her return, she began to experiment with her newly acquired techniques. She named her finest creation after her farm, "Havarthi". Today's Havarti is a direct descendant of the original.
Cream Havarti is an extra creamy version of Havarti cheese. Regularly, Havarti is made from whole milk, making it a 45% butterfat cheese. Cream Havarti production adds rich cream to the process, bumping butterfat content to 60%. Cream Havarti has an ivory interior patterned with a myriad of tiny holes and is mild, creamy and mellow. Ours is made on Denmark's Bornholm Island, also known as The Sunny Island, by the Bornholm Dairy under the St. Clements brand. In addition to plain, we are featuring five of our favorite varieties: garlic and herb, dill, jalapeno, caraway, and chive.
- Varieties sold separately.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 9 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Denmark
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk
- Pairs well with White Wines of all styles
- Excellent choice to add to any gift or wine baskets