igourmet Frantal Emmental - Pound Cut 15.5 ounce
Click Image for Gallery
igourmet Frantal Emmental - Pound Cut (15.5 ounce)Many people assume the only real Emmental (more commonly referred to as "Swiss Cheese") comes from Switzerland. Our French Emmental, however, proves to be every bit as worthy of the name. It comes from the heart of the French Alps near the chic ski resort of Chamonix. The freshest water in the world rushes down this region's high mountains, through deep valleys and abundant rivers. It is this water that feeds the French dairy farms that produce Emmental's milk. Frantal Emmental is ripened to perfection in the traditional 180 pound wheels. They are turned weekly in the ripening chambers for a minimum of two months. It has a somewhat sweet, buttery taste that is slightly reminiscent of fresh nuts and has many round walnut-sized holes evenly distributed throughout. A result of a complex and difficult cheesemaking process, Frantal Emmental is worth the effort. Taste the difference!
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 3.5 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from France
- Pairs well with Shiraz or Semillon
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk
- Aged for a minimum of two months