igourmet Moliterno Black Truffle Pecorino 7.5 ounce
igourmet Moliterno Black Truffle Pecorino (7.5 ounce)From the Italian island of Sardinia comes this raw sheep's milk cheese with black truffles. Unlike most truffled cheeses, the truffle paste is infused after Moliterno has been aged so that the cheese develops its own character before the truffles are injected. Though the truffles are only visible in the "veins," the truffle flavor permeates throughout the entire paste of this amazing cheese. During the aging process, oil and vinegar are applied to the cheese's rind to prevent weight loss.
Once cut, the dark paste oozes out of the crevices of the cheese like trickles of water from a craggy cliff. Both delicious and intriguing visually, this cheese is a show-stopper. Enjoy this pecorino with a big, earthy Italian red with enough muscle to stand up to the truffles.
- Made from raw sheep's milk.
- Whole form of cheese is 6 pounds.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Italy
- Made from unpasteurized sheep's milk
- Makes a great addition to any cheese platter or grated over fries, pastas or anything that you want to add a zip to!
- Serve with strong red wines