igourmet Montasio DOP 7.5 ounce
Click Image for Gallery
igourmet Montasio DOP (7.5 ounce)Montasio is a pasture-terraced mountain located to the northeast of Venice in the Friuli-Venezia region of Italy. The cheese Montasio was originally made by the monks who occupied the monastery that owned those pastures in the thirteenth century. Today, the cheese is a DOP cheese, which means its properties and production are protected by law. Montasio can now be made legally in all of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and parts of Veneto. Made in large wheels, the flavor of this cheese is nutty, and slightly fruity. Since the mountain milk from which Montasio is made is high in butterfat, the cheese has a richer flavor with hints of butterscotch.
- Made from thermised cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 14 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Made in large wheels it sports a nutty and sweet flavor
- An excellent table cheese
- Serve thinly sliced or cubed into a salad
- Made from unpasteurized milk