igourmet Pecorino Romano by Zerto - Five Pound Club Cut 5 pound
igourmet Pecorino Romano by Zerto - Five Pound Club Cut (5 pound)Pecorino Romano is Italy's oldest cheese, dating back to ancient Roman times. This hard sheep's milk cheese is typically aged for one year and used as a grating cheese. Zerto Pecorino Romano, like most Pecorino Romano made today, is made in Sardinia where land and sheep are abundant.
Romano is an integral part of many southern Italian dishes, especially those that include pasta, tomatoes, potatoes, and other vegetables. A bit drier and saltier than northern Italian "Grana" cheeses (Parmigiano Reggiano and Grana Padano), this cheese is excellent grated over pasta dishes but is not recommended as an eating cheese. For an eating Romano, please try our Pecorino Romano Genuino by Lopez, which is still made in Lazio, the region surounding Rome.
- Made from pasteurized sheep's milk.
- Whole form is 45 lbs.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Italian Cheese Sampler - Italy's Favorite Cheeses
- Parmigiano Reggiano - 24 Month Grana Padano - Top Grade Imported DOP.. Pecorino Romano DOP.
- Total 3 Pounds cut fresh and vacuum sealed in a reusable cooler.
- If you just can't decide. One Pound Each.
- This Cheese Selection offers the Top Quality Variety of Each Cheese. Cut Fresh from the Wheel per Order.