Lorann Oils Ammonium Carbonate Bakers Ammonia Powder, 16 Ounces
Click Image for Gallery
LorAnn Baker's Ammonia ( Ammonium Carbonate) 16 ounce pouch
- Baker's Ammonia (Ammonium Carbonate) is a leavening ingredient called for in many old fashioned recipes. It is also called "hartshorn".
- Baker's Ammonia is used to make extra-crisp cookies or crackers. Unlike baking powder or soda, it does not leave an alkaline off-flavor in baked goods. It is not used for leavening in cakes or other large-volume items as the ammonia gas will not evaporate entirely.
- Note: You will notice an odor of ammonia while baking, but this will quickly dissipate and the finished baked product will not have an odor or taste of ammonia.
- Because Baker's Ammonia has a tendency to evaporate when exposed to air, it should be stored in a jar with a tight cover. It will not spoil, but will "disappear" if not stored properly.
- Kosher - Gluten Free - Made in USA