Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Arrowroot Powder, 16 Ounces | Arro
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Arrowroot Powder, 16 Ounces | Arrowroot Flour or Starch | Gluten Free and Non-GMO | Manihot esculenta | Cooking and Baking | Thickening Agent [Packaging May Vary]
- Arrowroot powder is a starchy substance that’s extracted from the root of a tropical plant known as Maranta arundinacea. When the arrowroot is harvested, it looks similar to other underground tubers such as cassava, yucca or kudzu, which are oblong in shape.
- Sometimes arrowroot powder is known as arrowroot flour or arrowroot starch and they’re all the same thing. It’s simply a white, powdery starch that’s naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
- Arrowroot powder is gaining in popularity (at least in the Western world) as people are looking for substitutes and alternatives to cornstarch, either due to corn allergies and sensitivities or to avoid anything GMO and pesticide-laden.
- If you’d like to make things crispy or crunchy, arrowroot powder is great for that. You could coat sweet potato fries in a dusting of arrowroot to make them crispier. You could also mix arrowroot powder with a blend of dried herbs to coat chicken before frying.
- In South America, arrowroot starch is used as a baby powder. It is a lightweight, white powder, which, when applied to the skin, gives a soft and smooth feel. Arrowroot is widely used in cosmetic products as a thickening agent. Though not much is known about its benefits for hair, its nutritional value does make it beneficial in hair care.