Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Barley Flour, 1lb | Non-GMO and Gl...
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Barley Flour, 1lb | Non-GMO and Gluten Free | Rich Source of Fiber
- Barley is rich in vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds. It’s available in many forms, ranging from hulled barley to barley grits, flakes and flour. Almost all forms of barley utilize the whole grain — except for pearl barley, which has been polished to remove some or the entire outer bran layer along with the hull.
- This versatile grain has a somewhat chewy consistency and a slightly nutty flavor that can complement many dishes.It’s also rich in many nutrients and packs some impressive health benefits, ranging from improved digestion and weight loss.
- Many of barley's health benefits come from it being an excellent source of dietary fiber. Fiber is essential for keeping the digestive system healthy.
- Barley is a soluble fiber, meaning it can dissolve in water and provides the body with useful energy. Fiber can also be insoluble, meaning it passes through the digestive tract without breaking down and does not provide the body with energy.
- You will be pleased to know that you can consume it in many kinds of preparations like salads, soups, and stews. Therefore, it does not only add value to your health but also to your palate. Additionally, barley packs lignans, a group of antioxidants. However, like all whole grains, barley does have antinutrients, which impair your body’s digestion and nutrient absorption.