Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Hulled Millets, 2lbs | Non-GMO and...
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals Hulled Millets, 2lbs | Whole Grain (32 ounces)
- Millets are cereal crops and small seed grasses, which are widely used in African and Asian countries. Since ages, these small crops were used for human consumption as well as a fodder for animals. Majorly cultivated in the semiarid tropical regions of Africa and Asia, around 97 percent of world’s overall millet production happens in these regions.
- Since ages millets were commonly used to feed birds and animals, until the health benefits of theses superfoods were known to the world.
- However, in various parts of India, millets were used for a variety of dishes. Especially, for their incredible nutrient rich composition.
- Millets are extremely nutritious and good for health and they also need less water. Millets make for a perfect healthy meal. In fact, it is often advised to prepare millets in the form of porridge for growing kids and aging adults. What’s more, millets are loaded with high amount of starch and proteins, which can be beneficial, if added to the daily diet.
- Millets are not only healthy but at the same time they have a unique taste, which can accentuate the taste quotient of any meal. With various culinary innovations, millets like ragi, jowar and bajra are used to prepare several snacks and dishes like Ragi Idli, Millet Khichidi, Apple Ragi Halwa( healthy for toddlers), Ragi Cookies etc. Moreover, millets can make meals palatable and visually appealing.