Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Nutmeg Whole 50gm | Non-GMO and Gl...
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Nutmeg Whole 50gm | Non-GMO and Gluten Free | Indian Spice | Adds Aroma and Flavor
- Nutmeg, (Myristica fragrans), tropical evergreen tree (family Myristicaceae) and the spice made of its seed. The tree is native to the Moluccas, or Spice Islands, of Indonesia and is principally cultivated there and in the West Indies.
- Whole nutmeg will stay fresh indefinitely, but should always be stored away from heat and moisture. If your nutmeg use is only occasional, buying whole nutmeg is the best option because each time it is grated it will provide fresh, fragrant, and flavorful spice.
- Nutmeg has a long culinary history and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. In the United States, one of the most common uses is in desserts, especially apple or pumpkin pie. Nutmeg can also be used to flavor meats and is often an ingredient in spice blends such as garam masala or curry.
- Your immune system needs nutrients like manganese, iron, potassium, and various vitamins that can be found in wondrous nutmeg. Being an antibacterial, it can ward off acne-causing bacteria effectively. You apply a paste of powdered nutmeg on the acne scar, and it will begin fading within weeks. The spice can work fine for acne if you add it to your food regularly.
- The spice nutmeg has a distinctive pungent fragrance and a warm slightly sweet taste; Nutmeg is also used in a variety of beverages, such as eggnog, chai, mulled wine, or as a garnish over foamy coffee drinks. It is one of the spices included in pumpkin spice mix and in items that are part of the pumpkin spiced food trend.Nutmeg is particularly well suited for creamy or cheesy dishes and is often added to alfredo or bechamel sauce to create depth. The spicy flavor of nutmeg provides a nice contr