Naturevibe Botanicals Tapioca Flour, 2Lbs | Gluten-Free &Amp; Non Gm
Click Image for Gallery
Naturevibe Botanicals Tapioca Flour, 2lbs | Used for Cooking(32ounces) [Packaging may vary]
- Tapioca is a starch extracted from cassava root, a tuber native to South America. The cassava root is relatively easy to grow and a dietary staple in several countries in Africa, Asia and South America.
- Tapioca is almost pure starch, so it's almost entirely made up of carbs. It contains only minor amounts of protein, fat and fiber. One ounce (28 grams) of dry tapioca pearls contains 100 calories. Due to its lack of protein and nutrients, tapioca is nutritionally inferior to most grains and flours. In fact, tapioca can be considered as "empty" calories. It provides energy with almost no essential nutrients.
- Tapioca is almost pure starch and has very limited nutritional value. However, it's naturally gluten-free, so it can serve as a wheat substitute in cooking and baking for people who are on a gluten-free diet. Tapioca is a dried product and usually sold as white flour, flakes or pearls.
- Starchy liquid is squeezed out of ground cassava root. The water is allowed to evaporate, leaving behind the tapioca powder. This can then be made into flakes or pearls.
- It can be used as a thickener for soups, sauces and gravies. It's cheap, has a neutral flavor and great thickening power.