A.C. Legg Fresh Cajun Style Sausage Seasoning
Click Image for Gallery
A.C. Legg Fresh Cajun Style Sausage SeasoningMake your sausage taste just like Louisiana Cajun cooked. After stuffing, they must be treated as any fresh meat product.Keep refrigerated or freeze.Any seasoned sausage should be used within two (2) days of storage in the refrigerator.For the BEST flavor and taste, do not keep the sausage in the freezer any longer than 3 months.Your Natural Casings will last 1 year in the refrigerator.Sausage Making Tip #1: Try to maintain near-freezing temperatures (of the meat) throughout the process. This will keep the sausage from crumbling when being cooked. Sausage Making Tip #2: Try and limit the time you keep the sausage at room temperature to 30 minutes or less. So estimate how pounds of sausage you can grind, stuff or package in less than 30 minutes. If you have a lot of sausage to make, break it into batches that can be made in 30 minutes or less. This helps by keeping the temperature of the meat as cold as possible - which is safer and leads to better tasting sausage.
- Seasons 25 pounds of meat. One 12 oz. bag. NO MSG.
- Legg's exclusive high-barrier, multi-wall packaging protects the seasoning's freshness and flavor for at least 12 months.
- Works GREAT with Beef and Deer also.
- Breakdown for less than a 25 lb. batch - 1 oz. Seasons 2.1 lbs. of Meat.(2 Tablespoons = 1 ounce.)Contains Soy.
- Mix bag with 25-lbs. of meat. You can use 25 lbs. of lean pork (boneless pork shoulder butts will work if you can't purchase 80/20 pork trim from a butcher shop). Or you can use 22 lbs. of lean pork and 3 lbs. of lean beef. Empty entire bag of seasoning into the 25 lbs. of meat and mix thoroughly (it works best if you cut the meat into small chunks first). Then stuff the sausage into natural hog casings for links. Or you can package the sausage in 1 lb. bulk freezer bags.