Black Sesame Seed, 5 Lb Bag
Click Image for Gallery
Black Sesame Seed, 5 Lb BagVisually striking and nutritionally beneficial, these raw, untoasted Black Sesame Seeds have a mild, nutty, slightly sweet flavor and a delicate crunch. They are high in copper, manganese, calcium, iron and zinc and make an attractive garnish for sushi, breads, noodle dishes and more.
- Sesame seeds are contained in the pods of a tropical plant
- The seeds are sold dried and whole or ground to form tahini paste
- They are tiny, flat ovals, measuring about 3 mm (1/8 in) long
- It is very rich in protein, a polyunsaturated fat used in margarine production and cooking oils
- Non-culinary uses include its use as an ingredient in soap, cosmetics, lubricants and medicines