Frontier Co-op Basil Leaf, Sweet, Cut & Sifted, Certified Organi...
Frontier Co-op Basil Leaf, Sweet, Cut & Sifted, Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Ocimum basilicum
Frontier Co-op Sweet Basil Leaf is organically cultivated and used in many favorite dishes from all over the world. It's a culinary herb from the mint family (Lamiaceae) that delivers a sweet yet minty kick, making it perfect for vegetables, salad dressings, stews, raw meat, and many other popular food items. The leaves are organically grown and processed, kosher certified, and non-irradiated. This natural ingredient is sourced directly from Egypt.
Best Uses: Meat, fish, salads, soups, stews, sauces, tea, cuisine, DIY body care
- 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces)
- Organic certified, kosher certified, non-irradiated
- Caffeine Free
- Combines well with garlic, oregano, thyme, and more
- Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum
- SWEET BASIL LEAF - As a universal culinary herb (Ocimum basilicum) from the mint family (Lamiaceae), sweet basil leaf is widely used for a variety of cooking needs across the globe. It originated in Egypt, but it's also native to the tropical regions of Asia and Africa.
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - Sweet basil leaf combines well with garlic, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and sage. It has become a popular option for pizzas alongside oregano, and it can even be extracted to make essential oils. It is also used in DIY body care.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Frontier Co-op Sweet Basil Leaf delivers a taste similar to anise, while also providing a strong, pungent, and sweet aroma. It is extremely popular in American kitchens due to its mild mint and pepper flavors.
- ORGANIC FROM EGYPT - Frontier Co-op Organic Sweet Basil Leaf is naturally grown and processed in Egypt. It is 100% organic, kosher certified, and non-irradiated from start to finish. There are no chemicals or artificial additives used during any step of production.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.