Black onion seeds / kalonji seeds nigella cooking asian herbs an...
Click Image for Gallery
BLACK ONION SEEDS / KALONJI SEEDS NIGELLA COOKING ASIAN HERBS AND SPICES 100g by Jalpur
- Foeniculum vulgar, or known as Fennel, is a common annual herb that is widely used. The bulb, foliage and seeds are all used in cooking. This variety, Florence, has strongly flavored leaves that taste similar to Anise or Licorice but sweeter.
- Fennel is an annual herb growing 60 inches tall and 24 inches wide across the country in USDA zones 3 - 9.
- This herb needs adequate water to help the bulbs form. Start Fennel directly outdoors after danger of frost has passed.
- Sow 1 seed every 2 - 4 inches to begin growing fennel. Press the seed into the soil, cover with ¼ inch of soil and keep it moist. With a temperature of 50 - 70F, germination is usually in 18 days.
- Fennel prefers full sun and well-drained soil. Measure rows of seed 24 inches apart and thin seedlings to 8 - 12 inches apart when they are 2 inches in height.