LalBrew Köln Kölsch-Style Ale Yeast
Click Image for Gallery
LalBrew Köln Kölsch-Style Ale YeastLalBrew Köln is ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales. The neutral character of this strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters. Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, LalBrew Köln can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma. Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations will have a more fruit-forward ester profile.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae for Kölsch-style ales (and more) - 500g pack
- Fermentation can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains, which is characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, LalBrew Köln can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Köln yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C (59°F) to 22°C (72°F)