Organic Black Sesame Seed 2lb by Naturevibe Botanicals, Gluten...
Click Image for Gallery
Organic Black Sesame Seed (2lb) by Naturevibe Botanicals, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO (32 ounces)
►Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant. Unhulled seeds have the outer, edible husk intact, while hulled seeds come without the husk. The hull gives the seeds a golden-brown hue. Hulled seeds have an off-white color but turn brown when roasted. Sesame seeds have many potential health benefits and have been used in folk medicine for thousands of years.
►Bone mass tends to decrease after the age of 35, and bone loss occurs more rapidly in women after menopause. Black sesame seeds are abundant in calcium and zinc that your bones strong. Unhulled sesame seeds are especially rich in nutrients vital to bone health, including calcium. Soaking, roasting, or sprouting sesame seeds can improve absorption of these minerals.
►A 3-tablespoon (30-gram) serving of sesame seeds supplies 12% of the RDI for fiber, which is vital for your digestive health. Sesame seeds - particularly hulled ones - are a good source of protein, which is a necessary building block for your body. It is high in magnesium and their antioxidants may help prevent plaque buildup.
►In Japan, whole seeds are found in servings of mixed greens and baked snacks, and tan and black sesame seed varieties are toasted and used to make gomashio, a dry condiment. You will also find sesame seeds sprinkled over sushi rolls. Black sesame seeds are also popularly used in Korean cooking to marinate meat and vegetables.
►Chefs in tempura restaurants mix black sesame seeds with cottonseed oil for deep-frying. Sesame is also known as SimSim in Africa and used is to make various dishes like Wangila which is made with ground black sesame seeds is mostly presented with smoked fish or lobster.
- Organic Sesame Seeds are rich in omega 6 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and protein.
- You can consume your organic sesame seeds by adding them in your salad and generally use them on many different recipes.
- Sesame seeds are a great source of high quality protein, have rich nutty flavor. These seeds are ideal for baking and cooking.
- Fresh and highest quality, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo Friendly, Non-GMO, Earth Kosher, Raw, Gluten-Free.
- You can incorporate these nutrient-rich seeds in your cereals, rice, noodles or any other dishes at mealtime. You could even mix them with your yogurt or smoothie for a rich nutty flavor.