Organic Red Sichuan Peppercorns Whole - 2 Oz - Grade AAA Non-GMO
Click Image for Gallery
Organic Red Sichuan Peppercorns Whole - 2 Oz - Grade AAA Non-GMOCalled Hua Jiao in Chinese or "flower pepper", Sichuan peppercorns (Zanthoxylum simulans) are the husks of the prickly ash, and they do not get better than these. The first taste is of spice and citrus, then they produce a tingly sensation in the mouth. When they are coupled with chile they produce the sensation known as "málà". The slight numbing of the pepper allows you to eat more chile and is quite addictive! The pepper is used extensively in Sichuanese cuisine. They're great for braises, noodles, soups, 5-spice, dips, and of course chile oil. Sichuan peppers are also prescribed for lowering blood pressure, flatulence, ulcers, parasites, and as a diuretic.
- A necessity in Chinese Five Spice and most Sichuanese dishes
- Grown in the Best Growing region of Hanyuan County, Sichuan Province, China
- Completely Untreated Top Grade AAA Organic
- Citrusy Spice that Evolves into a Tingly, Slightly Numbing Sensation
- Top Tier; as good as they get!