Russian Borodinsky Bread Pack Of 2
Click Image for Gallery
Russian Borodinsky Bread (Pack of 2)
- Includes Our Exclusive HolanDeli Chocolate Mints. 2 pack
- Borodinsky bread (Russian: бородинский хлеб) is a dark brown sourdough rye bread of Russian origin.
- Due to natural ingredient used in a bread and limited availability we only can ship this bread on Tuesday and Saturday. Also this bread has 5-7 days shelf life if you intend to use this bread after 7 days please keep it in a freezer.
- Bread is traditionally made from a mixture of no less that 80% by weight of a whole-grain rye flour with ~15% of a second-grade wheat flour and ~5% of rye or, rarely, barley malt, leavened by a separately prepared starter culture made like a choux pastry, by diluting the flour by a near-boiling (95-96 °C) water, and adding the yeast after cooling the mix to 65-67 °C, but then mostly inoculated by the previous batches of dough instead of the dry yeast.
- It is then sweetened and colored with beet sugar molasses, and flavored with salt and spices.