The Spice Way - Real Zaatar with Hyssop spice blend | 2 oz | No...
Click Image for Gallery
The Spice Way - Real Zaatar with Hyssop spice blend | 2 oz | (No Thyme that is used as an hyssop substitute). With sumac. No Additives, No Perservatives, (Za'atar/zatar/zahtar/zahatar/za atar)Zaatar is a combination of sumac, hyssop and sesame seeds. The benefits of this particular combination are in the distinctive flavor and aroma, but also in the health benefits za'atar is known for. The hyssop, also referred to in the Middle East as the zaatar herb, has gotten its name from giving the unique smell and flavor of the zaatar blend and being the main ingredient. Hyssop is the herb that traditional medicine doctors refer to as natural antibiotics, as it is said to be so powerful. Many kids from the Middle East, eat soft cheese with zaatar every morning as a custom that according to traditional medicine protected the children from illness and infections that were commonly spread. Outside the Middle East, in an attempt to create the zaatar with availble herbs, they started using thyme and oregano as a substitute. - Always make sure hyssop is listed in your zaatar ingredient list first. - Make sure sumac is also in the blend, as it is a vital part of any real zaatar. - Add olive oil and try dipping bread, it is a really good way to get the authentic flavor. - Sprinkle on any soft cheese to taste - you will never look back. - For more advanced ways to use, please see below. Zesty zaatar is a great addition to any middle eastern meal and is also great with labneh with cheese.
- ZA'ATAR - a traditional blend made of hyssop, sumac and sesame seeds. The combination of hyssop and sumac is responsible for many of the health benefits associated with za'atar.Every blend of spices without hyssop and sumac is not real zaatar. The use of oregano, thyme and wheat were designed to try and create zataar without the rare hyssop. After you will try it, you will never look back..
- HOW TO USE - Use recipes below or just use ot upgrade your poultry, dips and salads with an exotic savory taste. Very easy to use by adding olive oil and use as a dip, sprinkle on soft cheese, labneh, humus or just add to salad.
- A TRADITIONAL RECIPE - we are using our vast 30 years of experience to master the right ingredients and proportions of this traditional blend.
- DON'T SETTLE FOR SUBSTITUTES - contains genuine Hyssop grown in our farm, also known as the zahtar herb.
- FARM TO TABLE - The Spice Way farm grows herbs and spices using traditional methods including sundry and handpick to ensure high quality.